Thursday, July 8, 2010

waiting again. . .

Craig's biopsy went smoothly and he is doing well. It was all very quick; in and out in less than three hours. He's taking a nap now but will be able to go to work tomorrow. He will be in the clinic for the first time and seeing his own patients as a DOCTOR. What an amazing thing! We are so thankful this day has arrived because back in December, I wasn't so sure.

The dr. got five tissue samples and a fluid sample that has been sent to the pathologist. He said we should know something Tuesday or Wednesday of next week. There will be a ct scan in three months (around September 21) for comparison.

Our nurse today was Kathy. She was so attentive and sweet to Craig and even to me. She felt bad that we would have to wait until next week for the results but I told her, "We are in a perpetual state of waiting. It's just the way it is." Isn't that the truth! But God has been with us, even or especially in the waiting. Some days were surreally peaceful; others gripped in icy fear. The waiting has given us time to really lean on and cling to Him. All of this crying out to Him is transforming us, showing us how faithful He truly is. For all of you who are praying with us, I hope it is transforming you, too.

I want to share some verses Margaret gave to me last week. Don't you just love friends who give you bandages of Truth?

But as for me, it is good to be near God. I have made the Sovereign LORD my refuge; I will tell of all Your deeds. Psalm 73:28

When I said, "My foot is slipping," Your mercy and loving-kindness, O LORD, held me up. In the multitude of my [anxious] thoughts within me, Your comforts cheer and delight my soul! Psalm 94:18-19 AMP

No comments:

Post a Comment