Monday, July 12, 2010

biopsy results

We had a break from all the test talk over the weekend when we celebrated Hansie's birthday and played around at the lake's parade and carnival. Sometimes a belly laugh really helps :)

The pulmonologist called Craig today with the results from his biopsy: good news, they are all negative except for some non-specific inflammatory changes (which is what we saw on the scan). The doc is cautiously optimistic, and we will need another chest ct in four weeks for comparison with the June scan. If there are changes, Craig will require a surgical biopsy. So, pray for NO CHANGES! This is good news, Craig assures me.

We have come to realize this, this up and down, waiting, fervent praying, anxiety/peace, may be our reality for the next few years. This is what it looks like to live post-cancer. You, our friends and family, have been so amazing; you get it. You know what this has been like for us. It did not all magically disappear when we walked out of the hospital last December. This battle is physical, spiritual and ongoing. Thank you for continuing to pray with us. I am afraid I sound like a broken record but we need your prayers as much today as we did in December. Some days we are courageous, ready for the battle. Other days (speaking for myself) I just want to stay in bed and pull up the covers. But then a friend calls to pray with me or our family gets an encouraging card in the mail and our spirits are lifted up. I am rambling now but what I am trying to say is this: Bless you for going into the battle with us.

1 comment:

  1. I am rejoicing with you all! Praise the LORD, Praise the LORD, let the people rejoice!

    Remember, always remember, we are never waiting on the scan, test results, doctors, etc....

    we are waiting on the LORD!

    "Because he loves me," says the LORD. "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name." Psalm 91:14

    I continue to pray for you all every day.

    I love you!

    Margaret

    ReplyDelete