Wednesday, August 4, 2010

We have good news!


Craig phoned me yesterday afternoon on his way home from work to say he was getting his ct scan. It was all very last minute but I did phone my mom and Margaret to pray and they passed the word along. The kids and I prayed, too.

Within the hour Craig called after completing his scan, telling me THE NODULES ON HIS LUNGS ARE GONE! Yes! Praise God! We don't know what the spots were; possibly an infection or the kidney meds he started after his surgery. After his kidney was removed in December, Craig had persistent throat clearing and cough. I have to admit, it was completely unnerving to listen to. With each cough I wondered if it could be. . .

I feel like we had been through so much with Craig's initial cancer diagnosis, surgery and the weeks that followed. Our faith has stretched and grown in ways I never dreamed possible. But these past six weeks have certainly been just as hard. Getting to a place of surrender, to quit struggling against the current of God's plan for our family's future and just float with the current-oh! this has been so hard! And I don't even think I am "floating" all the time. I forget that He is holding me up and I start to struggle all over again. Trusting God with the outcome of these tests, whether the results were good or bad, and believing that He was in control, that He works in all things for good for those that love Him. . . Well, it was hard to get my tiny brain around the idea that there could be any good in Craig having cancer in his lungs. I too easily forget that God sees the big picture and knows our destination.

For me, it ultimately comes down to this: do I believe the Word or not? Those promises were written for our family, for this time and for this battle. I DO believe God is and has been working in all of the details of this journey. FOR GOOD. It has been painful, excruciating at times, but I can see, even through my swollen, teary eyes, that HE IS AT WORK and HE LOVES US.

You, dear family and friends, are evidence of that. Thank you for keeping us on your prayer lists and for passing our needs on to those you love. We are humbled by your love and prayers on our behalf.

And we know that in ALL THINGS God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

No comments:

Post a Comment