Tuesday, June 22, 2010

waiting, hoping and praying. . .

That's where we are today. I dropped the cd of Craig's scan at the urologist this morning; praying there will be image enough for comparison.

If you have been in our home, you have probably heard me complain about the mirrored closet doors we have throughout our home. They are extremely heavy and quite dangerous when they (frequently) roll of their tracks. I have wanted to replace them since we moved in nearly 14 years ago but. . . you know how it goes. The doors are still here but today I put them to good use. This verse inspired me:

Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it." Isaiah 30:21

Knowing we are going to need in-your-face-Truth, filling our constant thoughts, I took a dry erase marker and penned scriptures over those mirrored closet doors in our entry, our bedrooms, the kitchen window over the sink and both sets of our sliding doors to our deck. I wanted us to see, read and be reminded to pray whether we turned to the right or to the left. Believe me; it's everywhere!


As I read and prayed and copied the verses, such peace filled me. By the end, my strength for the battle was renewed. The kids and I love it; it is so comforting to see when you enter a room. I have to wonder though, if someone was in our home who didn't know us very well, would they think it was the scrawlings of a mad woman???


Some of you who are reading this are in our prayers for struggles of your own. I thought the scriptures I used might be a life raft for you, too.

God is our Refuge and Strength [mighty and impenetrable to temptation], a very present and well-proved help in trouble. Psalm 46:1 AMP

He who believes in Me [who cleaves to and trusts in and relies on Me] as the Scripture has said, From his innermost being shall flow [continuously] springs and rivers of living water. John 7:37-38 AMP

Commit your way to the LORD; trust Him and He will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn. . . Psalm 37:5-6

"I've picked you. I haven't dropped you. Don't panic. I'm with you. There's no need to fear for I'm your God. I'll give you strength. I'll help you. I'll hold you steady, keep a firm grip on you." Isaiah 41:6-7 MSG

Don't fret or worry. Instead of worrying, pray. Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers, letting God know your concerns. Before you know it, a sense of God's wholeness, everything coming together for good, will come and settle you down. It's wonderful what happens when Christ displaces worry at the center of your life. Philippians 4:6-7 MSG

Yet I will rejoice in the Lord; I will exult in the [victorious] God of my salvation! The Lord God is my Strength and my personal bravery, and my invincible army; He makes my feet like hinds' feet and will make me to walk [not stand still in terror, but to walk] and make spiritual progress upon my high places [of trouble, suffering, or responsibility]! Habakkuk 3:19 AMP

Thanks for keeping us in your prayers.

Love,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment